For: Financial Analyst*
Best companies rank: 11Milwaukee-based investment advisor navigated through the financial crisis without having to resort to layoffs. In fact, it increased its staff 10% since 2007.
Aside from total compensation averaging six figures for salaried employees, Baird offers:
· 37.5 hour work week for hourly employees.
· Bonuses and profit-sharing for all employees.
· An opportunity to buy stock in this privately held firm. Nearly half of employees have done so.
· Free investment planning for all employees.
· Bonuses that range from $1,000 to $10,000 for referring a new employee.
"Baird cares about their associates very much," says one employee. "This place is like a second family."